A refreshing salad with a bit of crunch. Fine shred makes it easy to eat plenty, hence helps digestion. Make a batch, and save for when you don't have time to make a fresh salad.
Daikon & Carrot salad, Sesame Mayo flavor
- 4-5 thin carrots, peel the skin if they're not fresh
- 1 medium size Daikon radish,
- a handful of chopped Shiso mint leaves or basil
- 1-2 pieces of lemon or Orange rind, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame sauce (Goma dare) or Tahini sauce, if not, substitute with ponzu + sesame oil.
- 1-2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1-2 tbsp vinegar (my favorite is Alessi fig infused vinegar, which gives a touch of sweetness.)
- Lemon juice
- White sesame seed
makes 5-6 servings
Peel the skin off Daikon and carrots, chop the bottom end off, shred them. I use Mandolin Vegetable Slicer. It make a life so much easier. Just watch out not to cut your finger. Combine vegetables in a bowl, sprinkle with salt, and toss well. Set aside for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Meanwhile, chop the Shiso/ basil and lemon/ orange rind finely, then make a dressing by combining sesame sauce, mayo, vinegar, and lemon juice. Once vegetables are soft, combine everything together, and toss. Serve chilled, sprinkle sesame seed before serving.Kyocera CSN-182S-NRD Wide Julienne Slicer, Red