Pico de Gallo
- 2 packs of grape tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1-2 lime, juiced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped
- a cup of cilantro
- salt and pepper
- white vinegar
makes 4-5 servings
- Finely chop all vegetables. Keep them in separate containers. Strain chopped tomatoes and remove excess liquid. You can reserve the tomato liquid to make a healthy cocktail-drink later.
- In a bowl, combine all vegetables, season with lime juice, white vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Adjust flavor to your taste by adding onion, jalapeño and cilantro, little by little. Same with the seasonings.
- 2 Avocados
- pico de gallo (chopped tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, and cilantro)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- a pinch of ground cayenne pepper and cumin
makes 4-6 servings
- In a bowl, mash halved avocados, add lime juice, pico de gallo, and garlic, mix together.
- Season with salt, cayenne pepper and cumin.
- Adjust flavor by adding remained vegetables from pico de gallo recipe.
- Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve chilled.