A quick snack/appetizer using the left-over chili con carne, pico de gallo, and guacamole. It was a super-bowl dinner request from my husband. I like a dash or two of some hot sauce (such as tabasco) to spice up a notch.
- 2 cups prepared chili con carne
- 1/2 bag of tortilla chips
- 1-2 cups shredded cheese (such as Monterey Jack, Queso Quesadilla, or cheddar
sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo, chopped scallion, pickled jalapeño, cilantro, etc...
makes 2-3 servings
- Set oven to 400°F.
- Heat the chili in a small saucepan or microwave until hot.
- Spread half of the tortilla chips on the bottom of a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate.
- Spread half of the chili over the chips.
- Sprinkle with half of the cheese.
- Repeat with remaining chips, chili and cheese.
- Bake for about 7-8 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with the garnish of your choice.
- Serve immediately.